FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT Views on best MIA Hotel
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:32 am
LPDAL

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Hi PoincianaKings,

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have searched on this topic but everything is at least a couple of years old or specific to certain hotel chains.

I need a recommendation for a MIA hotel. We will be arriving late- round 10pm from DUB via LHR and IAD- and will be departing early- before 9am- then next day. We will be collecting a car when we arrive in the evening.

I have no allegiance in terms of a hotel loyalty programmes, I just want somewhere in the 4*-5* bracket and that is not tired and old. Not being based in the US a lot of the brands round MIA are alien to me (Element, Hyatt Place, aLoft, Hyatt House etc). I would normally plumb for somewhere like the IC, Hilton or Sheraton but the later two look rather old and dated.

Peoples thoughts and recommendations will be gratefully received.
First, let me start off by saying, or asking, rather, what you intend for "best" to be in this context, as that is a subjective term. Best food? Best pool? Best nightlife or attractions nearby? Best rooms?

Where do you want to stay, exactly? Downtown? By the beach?

Hyatt House is an extended stay hotel, which doesn't really sound like it meets your needs.

Aloft is SPG's "Hip Young Brand" to break away from their serious, businessmen - oriented Sheraton and etc. brands. I stayed in the one in Brooklyn, and it was great. Clean rooms, great service, and a low price to round it out.

Also, define "dated" in regards to Hilton, Sheraton, and IC. [Remember, South Florida is a gigantic metro area, so we have many different Hiltons, Sheratons, and ICs.] To my knowledge, there have been a few Marriott properties built recently (2014), but not much else.

-LPDAL