FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 changed to 777 for DFW-DXB - what the!!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:44 pm
badgersfly

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
We solved our problem by switching to JFK flight. With 4 flights a day from JFK, seats are plentiful - or appeared to be. Went of 11:20 am flight, meaning more options if IRROPS. Actually considered the flight that stops in Milan just for the novelty, but opted out.

Logged into Alaska Air, picked new flights, left 2nd leg alone and all is fine. Just logged into EK and picked seats - bingo!
So this means you didn't have to call EK?

I called EK to switch to an a380 out of a different U.S. city, but they would only "sell" me a higher priced flight. They wouldn't allow me to switch to a different city and take a lower priced flight, said it wasn't possible. Looks like I am in for a fight. Not sure why they wouldn't want to accommodate a J class passenger when they are willing to switch cities to stay on an a380.
I've done flights on both 777 and a380 and the difference in how well I sleep is remarkable on the a380 compared to 777...mainly due to the privacy.
Any recommendations on how to best work with EK on this would be appreciated.
Thanks