FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Verizon Travelpass - $5/day or $10/day -use existing data/voice/plan in 140 countries
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:49 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bigasiannd
How does Verizon define use? Does it have to be outgoing or would incoming count? For example, if I received a txt while overseas, will I be charged the $10? Or if I receive a call, but do not pick up, is this a trigger to be charged?
From the TravelPass FAQs:
When am I charged for TravelPass?

When you arrive in the TravelPass covered country and turn on your device, you will receive a confirmation text. Your 24 hour access to TravelPass will not begin until you make or receive a phone call, send a text, or use data. Shortly before your 24 hour session ends, you will receive a text letting you know TravelPass is almost up. If you stop using your device before your 24 hour session ends, you won't be charged again until you use your device internationally the next time. That could be later the next day, next month or even the next year.

What happens when I travel to multiple countries covered by TravelPass?

You are only charged one daily fee per 24 hours for TravelPass, even if you travel within multiple covered countries.

What do I need to do if I don't want to be charged another daily fee for TravelPass?

If you do not want to be charged for another daily fee for TravelPass, stop using your device before your 24 hour TravelPass expires. We recommend that you turn roaming off or place your phone in airplane mode to prevent your device from accidentally triggering a TravelPass charge.