FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHX / Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:31 am
simonmac

Programs: BAEC
PHX International Connection

Hi All.
1st time post so be gentle please! I have done lots of reading of the forums - brilliantly helpful site but still have a few questions.

I am travelling LHR-PHX-SAN in March on BA289. Arriving PHX at 18:20 and leaving for SAN on BA6566(AA flight) at 20:15. I'm travelling in First (for the first time ever so very excited and spending plenty of time on those forums too! ), will have checked in luggage and will need to do normal US Immigration line.

I've not done this sort of trip before and have heard horror stories of clearing customs and immigration, as well as the need to go outside and check back in and re-do security. So the basic questions are;
- Is the 1:55hrs enough time for the connection
- Once through customs, do I need to check in as new, or is there a re-check/transfer bag type place to check them in.
- Any tips on where I'll need to go or just the general process on connecting international to domestic in the US or specifically through Phoenix (Both flights are T4)

Many thanks in advance for any help!