FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it wise to appeal a denied Schengen visa or just reapply with another state?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:36 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Prarthna
Dear User,
This is regard to the above appeal process.I had applied for parents visit visa(short tem <90 days) in Belgium from India as I currently reside in Brussels on a work permit till April 2016.Their visas were sent to Belgium Immigration office in Belgium and was denied on ground that gurantor(in this case myself) does not have a permanent residence in Belgium.When I wanted to appeal I was told that I could do so from country it was rejected-Belgium.Hence I enquired of the appeal procedure and was told that an appeal can take a min of a year to be treated and required a local lawyer.This not being feasible to me I wish to reapply in Jan mid for Austria as my cousin resides there and has a permanent residence in Graz,Austria.As far as I belive there is no cooling off period and if I apply in Jan 2016 it would be after 4 months the rejection of their Belgium visa in September 2015.Kindly advise
The Austrians will know about the visa rejection from Belgium. And being perceived as visa shopping for perhaps the same kind of trip purpose is likely to be a complicating factor that doesn't work in your/their favor.