FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:06 am
Thomas Doe

Hi all,

just wanted to share my story on this:

I am TK*G but (all) my boarding passes for my recent round trip in December/January (FMO-FRA-SFO-LAX, LAX-FRA-FMO) showed TK*P.

The LH personnel was not able to get the system to show TK*G although he had verified my card (which I had with me) was working.
On my first flights I even got the "Priority" tags added to my bags. However, when we arrived in SFO the tags have been cut of and were delivered along with the non-priority luggage.

I was able to use the Airport, StarAlliance, LH and United lounges after showing the physical card though.

On our flight back several people got upgraded since the flight was overbooked. With my boarding pass not showing TK*G, I feel that I might have missed out on an upgrade... Not sure, but it would be bad if that's the case because of some software bug

All tickets have been booked via United but where operated by LH (just SFO-LAX was on United). Maybe this is the reason?
When flying to SFO in November (also booked via United) I had to pay for my 2nd bag as they do not allow a 2nd bag in economy, even when *G.
Again, the ticket only showed TK*P but I showed the physical card on checkin and was told that I still had to pay for my 2nd bag.

For the last trip I did not have a 2nd bag.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,
Thomas