FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:27 pm
wcferg

I've been here for the past 6 nights and tonight is my last. All the staff is wonderful--friendly and very accommodating. I received two hand-written notes from management during my stay.

I used a DSU. The suite is very nice, but there is no desk. I thought this was unique to the suites, but I see above that the standard room must also not have a desk. The suite has an anteroom before the bedroom with a large L-shaped couch, desk height table, a side chair, a mini-fridge, and a huge television. The table is useable as a desk, but there is no power nearby. I asked that Engineering bring me a power strip and extension cord so I could have power while I worked at the table.

The Regency Club is also very nice. Hot items are scrambled eggs and oatmeal. There is also cheese and a cold protein that changes daily. In 4 breakfast visits, I saw two different Italian salami varieties, prosciutto, and smoked salmon. Other cold items are fruit, pastries, cereals, and Greek yogurt. There are snacks out in the afternoon. In the evening, there are hors d'oeuvres and wine/beer. One is offered one complimentary drink. I expected that additional servings could be paid for, but that's not the case. Besides all that, there is coffee, tea, bottled water, and cans of soda.

The restaurant breakfast is the standard Hyatt buffet. There are breakfast vouchers for some purpose that I didn't learn. When I chatted with the front desk employee and explained that I generally liked the properties without clubs since I got a full hot breakfast, she gave me a voucher to try it out. I also received a second voucher after a mishap in my room.

Valet parking at $30/day is the only obvious option. I did not explore the area for other options.

Dining is a little confusing. There is a restaurant, a bar, and a market café, each with its own menu. I only ate at the bar, but every menu was available to me as long as I knew to ask for it. The man next to me at the bar was disappointed when he saw me eating a steak at the bar after he just ordered a sandwich at the café.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I would stay again.