FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:11 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Thinking out loud here...on a snowy Sunday morning...while drinking my hazelnut coffee at Panera....

When you look at posters' "Join Date" dates, can we make an assumption, in general, that posters who have joined recently tend to be more supportive of this OMAAT enterprise, compared to old timers? Maybe old timers are just tired of the same old crap? Or at least less tolerant of such crap and "homeless" lifestyle?

Go Ford, the company I mean ^

Discuss.
Perhaps the old timers are of the thought that they could have done much the same thing as well or better. But most didn't even try; and some who did try didn't succeed as well. The proof is in the pudding.
If you're suggesting I could've given up my wonderfully fulfilling career and the lives I've impacted by instead starting a blog in college and spending the past 5-10 years simply flying in Premium cabins and visiting SE Asia and the UAE a lot of times, sure it's a possibility. I too could not be part of a geographical community, not be a homeowner, and not have any real friends. ( And yes, I'm going to admit that I can confidently say that based on information I have about Ben beyond that that is in his blog.)

This idea that anyone critical of Lucky's blog is jealous really is asenine. Even on the darkest days I've had over the past several years -- and I've had many - I've never for a moment thought I'd trade my life for his.

I don't know of anyone on this thread who has expressed a desire to become a full time points redeemer, Maldives visitor, and/or luxury travel blogger. So take your pudding and...

Last edited by Adam1222; Jan 10, 2016 at 5:18 pm