FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:36 pm
martinplas

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Breakfast in the club is actually very good in my opinion. Great breads , butter,toaster, coffee, expresso, egg dish ,smoked Salmon, goats cheese,3 fresh juices , great pastries , 3-4 fresh cut fruits( papaya , watermelon )fresh yogurts , cereals , and several sliced meats, ( no bacon). Evening treats are equally good and can save a family a lot of dinner expense.There was always many good desserts available. Cocktails were free along with wine, beer , and mixed drinks. Soft drinks , water beer,and espresso machine with cookies all day but beer must be consumed in the club.The Club personnel are some of the best.
The suite available for upgrade is the Grand Club suite and always request the south side to escape some of the day club noise, not all. The Executive suites in the corners are large and beautiful, but unless you are a known repeat Customer and Diamond it won't be available unless you pay an up charge ($300.00 night) and one is available.
I would always prefer Club access over restaurant breakfast and 2500 one time HGP points. I don't believe Diamonds can opt for restaurant breakfast. There are many good recent photos on Trip Advisor of the lounge breakfast.
The spa is first class, and has both hot / cold plunges, dry and wet Sauna and showers. The treatments we had were all excellent.
There have been seaweed problems , but on my last visit in January it was clear waters and clean beach. There are plenty of chase lounges at the infinity pool and beach
Attached Images  

Last edited by martinplas; Jan 11, 2016 at 9:47 pm