FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does a booking get cancelled?
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:44 pm
SingaporeJoe

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I spent quite a lot of time in Helsinki over the last couple of year. Unfortunately, other than one week, it was in the HEL winter.

The one week I was there in the summer was great. All the women who are normally wrapped in 10 layers of clothing make the most of it!

One of my favourite cities to work - even in the winter. Everything just works.
Winters in Finland are a bit tough. I grew up in Central Finland but lived nearly five years in Oulu where it gets really cold and it's also always windy and practically dark day and night. Like -30 and windy is not uncommon. In the summer of course everybody goes crazy and it gets pretty entertaining. I still prefer +30 and promise to never complain that it's hot.

A friend used to joke that the Dutch and the Finnish must have lost some major war or something: "OK guys, here's the peace treaty. We are going to take this nice fertile land with a good climate and beautiful landscape. You, you will get that windy piece of swamp. Good luck. Learning to build dams may be a good idea. And you, you get that frozen piece of tundra in the North. Good luck staying warm. Shoo, off you go now."