FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Dubai and Doha SIXT
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:42 pm
Aamer

My experience of sixt Dubai ! I booked via Expedia, and the car I booked was a vw golf or similar for 1 week (clar category). They advertise collection from terminal 3, in which they have no office. I arrived to find this out from one of there representatives who was waiting and touting for customers at arrivals. He refused to take us to the office as he had no record of us having a booking, and told us to get on a bus to terminal
1 where the office is located. Again this is false advertising as I was expecting to collect the car from terminal 3 and spent an hour trying to find the correct bus to get to the other terminal! My wife and I had just got of a delayed 8 hour flight and were very tired!
At the office I was rudely informed that my class of car was not available after they found the booking having looked for 20 minutes (aileen was her name). They gave me a larger car, a vw Jetta. I had specifically requested this smaller car as I have difficulty driving larger and more bulkier vehicles, especially as I'm used to driving on the right! I was told reservation can be cancelled but I had already paid Expedia. A phone call to Expedia and they said no refund was available and that sixt should give me a car in the same category. The lady at the desk was adamant this was not possible. I requested any other smaller compact car, and was told NO, even a cheaper class! The staff were very rude and were not bothered.
My main concern is the lack of customer service, and why I could not receive a car in the class I booked, or similar as advertised!
Sixt operate in an Arab country which abides by Muslim law. I am a Muslim and believe this to be directly against the principles of Islam. The uae prides itself on ensuring fraud is not committed by or against any individual, and I hope somebody will take action against this misrepresentation and false advertising. The website shows this class of car available and still is! Why take a booking if you do not have that class of car!
My wife and I were sick and tired of the hassle and decided to accept the vehicle as we had no other option.
The car I received was damaged on every part of the body. It was dirty and smelt of cigarettes. I currently have this car parked at the hotel. On the journey to the hotel, the engine cuts out after certain periods when you are stood still at traffic lights. I have informed sixt who don't care. I will be taking pictures and taking the car to the Dubai transport department to inform them of how unsafe this car is and my experience as a whole. I am worried that whilst driving it may cut out and cause an accident! It is an automatic so shouldn't be like this.
I saw this review site and want everyone to know my experience of sixt in Dubai so they can make a wise choice when booking!!
I look forward to hear from somebody in there customer services if they can be bothered! Spend thousands on a holiday to start of with these rogue car hire companies!