FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are the advantages of PRG over Platinum?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:23 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by runb4fun
^

Once you do the ticket booking trick, you actually only pay $100 (or $200) for a premium card. There is no other card that matches Prestige atm. Of course if you're looking to churn some cards then by all mean get them but if a traveler is looking for a keeper then Prestige is a no brainier. Prestige also turns my Forward into 8% on amazon, bookstore, entertainment, fast food, restaurants, etc

now that said, I'll eventually get this amex card but it'll be so I can hopefully get 50k MR signup bonus. I really hope Amex steps up their game coz right now CSP (particularly when combined with Freedom and Ink Cash) and Prestige (particularly when combined with Forward) just look a lot more attractive.
The bummer is that the Prestige is only attractive for AA flyers. For folks stuck on UA like me, it's a lot less interesting, because there are few good redemption options.