FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird master thread (2016 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:56 am
zeppoloveskafka

Originally Posted by freeloader
I know I'm in the heavy minority here, but 2/3 of my accounts avoided the axe and are definitely still kicking. No rhyme or reason why after reading the shutdown thread, just luck I suppose. Both accounts had frequent WM loads

Anyhow, I know some of you are in the same boat and was curious what you were doing nest. I figure a shutdown is coming, and probably sooner then later and my options are:

1) keep going full steam ahead, figuring shutdown is inevitable so load what can be loaded
2) lay low for a while and hope it blows over the account
3) empty the account and close it on my terms. Since it's probably marked, if I cancel it, I can probably apply for a clean and new account next month - ideally with no marks on my record

I can sort of leaning towards #3, though there are risks there too (that I am tossing a working card and could get denied in the future)

For other survivors - what are you doing?
2/4 of my accounts survived (one is so new I don't even have the card yet).
The other one was recently converted from bluebird to serve. Timing just worked out well. I'd suggest waiting for more data from others. I expect much like with old amex they will nab everybody eventually, so choices are either stay so low under radar that you neuter the card, or go out in flames.

My temporary plan is to load at the very end of January and very beginning of February, but hopefully by then we'll know if shutdowns are immediately reactionary, or there is lag time.