FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated-archived)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:28 am
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
My wife and I had paid business class tickets on AA36 (DFW-MAD) and I had used SWUs to upgrade us to F on the three class 777-200. On the day of departure the aircraft was switched to a two-class refurbished 777-200 and we flew in J. Unprompted by me, a few days later we both got emails apologizing for not being able to fly in F and $300 vouchers.

Is that reasonable? Should I push for more? I frankly did find the new J seats narrow, and the crew was caught off guard by the change, so service was a mess. But it may have been anyway since it was led by a nasty old crone who accused my wife of "stealing" her first water bottle when she asked for another and snapped at me when I asked if there were any snacks midflight. I think the meal was probably the same, because we had the same entree choices from which I had already pre-ordered.

I still have to call to get the SWUs redeposited, but I will likely have no good use for them before they expire in February.