FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rollover points and banked years
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:11 pm
Beano

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Rollover SP points/Banked year and points to Virgin

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
No personal experience and your situation is not in the terms and conditions but I suspect they'll let you do the roll over to make Elite rather than taking a banked year. As you elude to, it would be unfair otherwise.

If for some reason they take the banked year - please let us know just for interest.

(Side question, did you manage to switch your TT flight to VA on the way to the US - as per another thread?)
I had rung twice and had 2 different answers so I emailed the Elite team today
Very prompt answer

Thank you for your inquiry regarding retaining Elite status.

Should a member be unable to earn sufficient Status Points during their 12 month review period, their account is assessed for:

• Roll-over Status Points
• A Banked Year

The assessment is made in that order.

Where Status Points have been rolled over and are needed in order to retain status, it is still necessary to fulfil the obligation in regard to the total required from travel on Air New Zealand services.

I trust that the above information is helpful.

With regards to crediting TT to Virgin I still uncertain if the TT can be Virgin and the Trans Pacific to Airnz as I credited the total flight to Virgin
But Virgin did give me 2 credits for the 2 sectors

ps Slightly off the point but Airnz Elite has many more benefits over gold than Virgin platinum over their gold and Airnz Elite is certainly well worth retaining

Overall I am a bit disappointed with the additional benefits of Virgin platinum over their gold and will not bother in future years to retain Platinum

I think Virgin Gold and One World Gold is a better mix than just Virgin Platinum .....