FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:43 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by madfish
Assuming everything is on time I should be in the lounge by 11.15 and will have to head out about 12.15 in order to head towards B or C gates. I can see that the menus state that lunch is from noon but are they happy to take orders before this time to serve at noon? Does the lunch buffet food come out ready for 12 or only after 12?
A 13:05 departure cannot close before 12:45, at the gate. So you don't really need to leave the lounge until 12:25 or so, unless you particularly want to witness the Priority Boarding routine or you are very unfamiliar with T5 (somewhat unlikely in a Goldie!). So that should give you enough time to eat lunch anyway. But to answer the question, my experience is that the lunchtime switch is just before 12 midday - in the 11:55 hrs area - so you should be able to get your food in time for the flight.