FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA schedule changes - flight change / cancellation / refund policy (consolidated)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:09 am
LJOP

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles and More, Flying Blue, VA, Accor
Originally Posted by Microwave
Wait... am I missing something or was the original request about international travel?

In any event, the change you were initially faced with in the post I quoted above would have allowed a refund, however it depends on whether they count the change that was made to leave from DCA to be a voluntary reroute which you'd accepted. If you never said "yes" to those flights, then I think you've an argument to make that you reject this option and would like a refund as they can't get you to DEN within 2 hours of your initial flights, but again I'm a bit confused about which flights we're discussing (which may well be my fault).
You are not missing anything , I merely left out the segments that have not changed as of yet.

As I was simply asking if it would be possible to change (so that I would not have to wait in Denver with a suitcase), I never said yes, nor did I give them permission to change it. I suppose I did phone up afterwards to confirm that the PHX connection was legal and may have also confirmed that the IAD had changed to DCA(and expressed some annoyance in that it had changed without my permission, although the representative failed to acknowledge that point).