FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:04 am
howdychang

Programs: ual 1M, AA Exe Plat, KAL Premium, Hilton & Hyatt Diamond, IHC PA, Marriott&SPG Gold,
Angry IC Asiana Saigon

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
No, very disappointed

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked basic room (210 USD) for one night (Jan 2nd). Hotel claimed they offered double upgraded, the room 11th fl, very small, seemed just normal Two bed (impression on cleaner than Holyday inn express in US) could not find any special room at all, compared to Park Hyatt, (stayed Jan 3rd)

How are the rooms?
The room was just clean and normal room if you book franchise hotel such as Hilton/SPG/Marriott,

What was your welcome gift?
I received normal specified Platinum Ambassador amenity (4 kind of fruit, apple, not edible 2 mandarin, one (?)) specified in PA manual

How is the exec. lounge?
Not invited

What was good and what was bad?
arrived around midnight and checked out 3:00 pm, Not special at all and did not received any recognition on membership at all (3 pm check out for PA benefits if it is kind of benefits). Just one of normal franchise hotel

Value for $? Would you return?
If ever I find myself in Vietnam again, I would NOT stay at the IC Asiana Saigon at all, Very disappointed especially, they claimed double upgrade and found out myself this is one of kind room in any franchise hotel.

1/3: stayed at park Hyatt
¼: stayed back to IC Asiana Saigon residence (PAID 260 USD, the same treatment and impression on IC Asiana Saigon)

In summary, I have to say the IHG (PA) and Hyatt (Diamond), even not compare anything (Service/facility/breakfast/Loyal member program) to Park Hyatt