FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA schedule changes - flight change / cancellation / refund policy (consolidated)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:56 am
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by LJOP
Sorry about that my thought process started somewhere and went the longest way possible. As for the flight times;

Original Booking: 1:36PM IAD-CLT-LAX-DEN 11:29PM.
Replaced with: 9:20AM IAD-CLT-DEN 1:36PM

I was unhappy with that replacement as I will be in crystal city, so I thought that getting to IAD could be a problem early in the morning. I phoned up to ask if there was anything later (there wasn't, so I asked about DCA of which I was told there were a couple, but I would have to pay. During that phone call, the lady put the phone down midway through. The next day I discovered that my booking had changed as follows;

12:10PM DCA-DFW-DEN 4:45PM

I have to admit I was somewhat irritated that she had changed the routing when she was only supposed to be checking it. Equally, all the replacement routes are at least £300 cheaper to buy as opposed to what I had originally paid for, but when I phoned up the first time I was told I couldn't get any money refunded until after the flights.
Wait... am I missing something or was the original request about international travel?

In any event, the change you were initially faced with in the post I quoted above would have allowed a refund, however it depends on whether they count the change that was made to leave from DCA to be a voluntary reroute which you'd accepted. If you never said "yes" to those flights, then I think you've an argument to make that you reject this option and would like a refund as they can't get you to DEN within 2 hours of your initial flights, but again I'm a bit confused about which flights we're discussing (which may well be my fault).