FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:20 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by xero9
One more quick question regarding a child's NEXUS application.. We have in-laws visiting during our son's scheduled NEXUS interview. Debating taking him myself (as in without the mother). They state a letter is required, but I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row so nothing goes wrong.

Can I simply type up a letter stating "<mother> acknowledges that <son> is applying for NEXUS privileges and is allowed" and have her sign it? That almost seems too easy for something government related.

Anyone done this before? What did you provide? Maybe I'm thinking too much in to it.

Thanks!!
My daughter was a few months short of 18, and was even interviewed outside my presence, but quite to my surprise (since my husband/her father was only there by coincidence), there was some paperwork that required her father's signature. There was no advance indication that this paperwork would be required. As best I recall, it was of the nature of the agreement you are thinking of, except I agree with you - if it is not their idea, there is no reason to think they will say "hey, good workaround". You could, however, call the office you booked and see if they find that okay or could send you the form to get it signed ahead of time. I would suggest using a proper notary / commissioner of oaths etc. for it, the same as you would do for the parental consent to travel form. Otherwise, they could legitimately say it was a forged signature.