FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:45 pm
AMRivlin

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
Back in mid-November, my bag was seriously delayed because AA sent it from LAX-LHR, instead of where it was ticketed to go: LAX-DTW-LGA. How, in this day and age, they could have done this is beyond me. Regardless, they sent it to London.

At the time, the baggage services team were pretty proactive about it, calling me with updates. They told me to purchase whatever I needed and send them the original receipts for reimbursement. I did that, and haven't heard form them since then. I started calling a few days ago to check on the status of the reimbursement check. I started with Twitter, who initially only gave me the Central Baggage Services Team number: 800-535-5225. Then they said they would send all the info to them and keep me updated - nothing happened there either.

BY phone, Central Baggage Services only says that the bag was delivered. I am not disputing that - I did receive it almost two days later. But they basically keep saying "the check is in the mail."

How can I escalate this and actually get the promised check? Twitter and 800-535-5225 are worthless. I am feeling jerked around, and, per their request, they have all my original receipts (although I do have copies.)
I am having the exact same issue. I was never told the check is in the mail however.

Today twitter DM told me to call that 800 number, when I finally got past the automated maze a person on 1-800-535-5225 informed me that I really needed to be calling 1-480-693-2191 which dead-ends at a sometimes full voicemail box.

I have emailed [email protected] again and left voicemails at the 480 number. If I don't get a followup by next week I'll file with D.O.T.