FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy, Baltimore
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

So The Ivy has obtained the R&C flag. Ive eaten at the restaurant once and found the food to be quite good. It's what I would call a casual fine dining experience. Not quite as good as Charleston but definitely up there I think. Big plus on being casual.

One of the guys I work with stayed there for NYE. Him and his wife had nothing but accolades. He has eaten at the restaurant numerous times but says while the restaurant is great the hotel is even better. They loved the no tipping policy. No extra charges for drinks from the bar downstairs or in the room. Pretty much everything is included except for spa treatments. Service was exceptional. He said it seemed like that knew what he wanted before he even asked for it. One thing that stood out was that they were going to a service at ST Ignatius about 5 blocks away. The hotel really wanted to send someone to walk them but they refused (they both work downtown here). When the service was over and they came out there was someone waiting to walk them back. Bear in mind they were full that night. Nothing but good to say; they wouldn't hesitate to go back in a heartbeat.

Good for Baltimore. Maybe we will have to give them a try soon...
Fdw