FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:42 am
backguy

Programs: AC*P25K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jadephoenixx
A couple of quick questions (I hope).

Hubby is an American citizen, Canadian permanent resident and Nexus holder who has applied for a new U.S. passport. We'll update the U.S. side on GOES as soon as his new passport arrives. For the Canadian side, we'll be flying to the U.S. from YYZ in a few months so I was thinking we can go to the airport earlier on the day we fly out, to do the update. We'll be returning to Canada in 1 week so will Hubby's passport info be updated by then? We can easily make a separate trip to YYZ if needed, but prefer not to. If this plan will work, does anyone know the typical wait time for document updates on a Saturday afternoon? Our flight is at 2:45pm.
I've been to the YYZ T1 a half-dozen times for document updates (typically on Saturdays or Sunday). The longest wait was 15 minutes, and the shortest "wait" was being asked to come to the counter immediately because there was no one ahead of me. Maybe give yourself 45 minutes just in case it's busy, and spend some extra time in the lounge if you finish early.

Most of my visits have been straightforward (in-and-out in under 5 minutes after being called up), but one update took ~20 minutes because the CBP/CBSA officers had to correct mistakes that a previous officer had made in my file. I believe that one of the comments made by the CBP officer was, "Oh, wow. How did someone make that mistake?"