FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016 [revised to 25 Jan 2017]
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:46 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mentor of monty
Have BA sublet the lounge such that it will no longer be accessable to PP holders?
Originally Posted by ACARS
I am passing through tomorrow and will pitch up and ask exactly this question, and for the other membership cards such as Diners club etc.
Both PP & Dragonpass (the company Barclays are now using for their bundled Current Account travel pack) still list No. 1 lounge as available on their websites. I would very much expect this to be correct - I'm willing to bet as commercial enterprises and profit centres, the lounges will accept whoever comes first so long as it means revenue.

Originally Posted by headingwest
If I were a passenger who had the option of using the No 1 Lounge by paying out of my own pocket (and previously had), I'd be pretty annoyed at not being able to use the lounge because BA had more or less taken it over. BA passengers don't have any more rights to use the lounge than paying passengers.

I know that the current arrangements aren't ideal, but previous (non-BA) users of the No. 1 Lounge will also be suffering now.
This is really only partially true. BA passengers only have the option of the No 1 lounge - PP & Dragonpass card holders can pick from three lounges in the North Terminal. The chances of them being unable to find a space somewhere is relatively low, whereas the same can't be said for BA's customers.