FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:39 am
CanRulez

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by lcpteck
After re-qualifying Platinum status in August, I ordered my new SPG membership card and Elite Thank you certificate cards.

I just received the certificate cards and it expires December 31st, 2015! Seems I would have no cards to give out for next year's stays... Moving forward, hope SPG can give a 1 year validity from request date as it would be more useful that way.
When I ordered my original Thank you certificate cards, they had an expiry of December 31, 2015. My cards most likely got misdirected in the mail because it took at least a few months to arrive. When I informed my ambassador that I did not receive the cards, she sent me the link to reorder the online "printed" version.

The printed version had an expiry of June 30, 2016 and each certificate matched the #'s on the original cards (that I later received.)

This suggests to me the expiry date can be "extended" by an SPG rep. After all, I don't see why not ....we're thanking an employee for great service, not trying to take advantage of a a loophole here.