FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest Hotel in Marrakech
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:28 am
Pierre&Cédric

Pool temperature was 28°C, we spent a lot of time there

We did not consider MO because Andrew Rosenstock (http://www.healingwithandrew.com/) was in Amanjena at the time of our visit and we wanted to see him. But location is almost the same (MO being slightly closer to the city centre).

Continental breakfast includes
- orange or grapefruit juice
- tea / coffee / hot chocolate
- natural yoghurt with honey
- fruit platter
- breads & pastries basket with butter & jams
The only addition to the Continental breakfast on the picture is the 'tajine' containing a kind of traditional morrocan pancakes (some with dried meat and others plain served with argan oil & almonds mixed).

We stayed only 4 days/3 nights so we did not have many activities. But should you stay longer I guess that an excursion to the Atlas mountain would be great. We went to the Medina twice without a guide, I will check tonight what was the cost of transfer.

Would we go back? For Amanjena yes, for Marrakech probably not. We have been to 8 Amans only, it's very difficult to rank them but I can try:
- favorites => Amanbagh / Amanjiwo
- very good => Amanjena / Aman Canal Grande / Amankila
- good => Sveti Stefan / Amanzoé
- disappointing => Amanpulo (I know, I know)

Last but not least we were told that since the terrorist attack in Paris on November 13th many reservations were cancelled and tourism is very low, so you can probably negotiate complimentary benefits or upgrade.