FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safaris near Cape Town
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:15 pm
lowside67

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
To be honest, at that pricepoint, I think there may be others who are better qualified than me to speak to specific facilities.

When I stayed at the Sabi Sand Private Reserve in Kruger, I stayed at a property called Elephant Plains which was an extremely enjoyable place to stay but may not be as high-end as you had in mind, rates for a couple in a luxury room would be about $500usd per night.

The good news is that all hotels in the Sabi Sand Reserve will share the same game viewing area and the trackers are shared and are extremely comparable, so you can comfortably make your decision based on the quality of rooms and food and beverage and you know your wildlife viewing will not be impacted.

The top rated property in Sabi Sand is the Dulini Lodge and the pricepoint for 2015 was about $1150usd per night for a couple, inclusive of all activities. You would need to either arrange a private airplane transfer to the lodge's airstrip or I am sure they could arrange ground transfer.

While it is less sexy and a bit longer, I actually enjoyed the ground transfer to the reserve as you do drive through some nice scenery enroute, food for thought.

Hope that is of some help,
Mark

Last edited by lowside67; Jan 3, 2016 at 8:43 pm