Old Jan 2, 16, 11:00 pm
travelfreaks

Originally Posted by rburrel View Post
I am fuming right now!!! So I've talked with about 5 different CSR's today, all of which confirming that I will get the 5x bonus even though I cant find it on my account and it's not mentioned in my T&C.

Well, I have a friend who also recently applied for the card and he went and logged into his account. Not surprisingly, his 5% bonus shows up in the account activity tab, and is also included in his T&S. Based on what I read here, I finally concluded that when I went to apply, I clicked on the 0% for 18 months targeted offer. I specifically remember clicking this offer and being confused whether or not this was the 5% card; however, on this offer, one of the bulleted items was "5% cashback for groc/dining/etc..", so I thought, "ok, that's what I want" and went ahead with the application.

So I call WF back. This time I don't give them the option to tell me that I have the 5% offer. I tell them I thought I was signing up for the 5% card, but believe that maybe I have been enrolled in the 0% for 18 months offer instead. And explain how my friends account shows the 5%, but mine doesn't. The CSR confirms that I DO NOT have the 5% promotion, but the 0%apr promotion instead!

So I explain to her that I don't give a flip about the 0%apr, and the reason I applied for the card was for the 5% promotion, so I need those switched. She then puts me on hold to talk to her supervisor. She comes back 5 minutes later to tell me that they have to request the 5% be added to my account with the executive office, and that said office will contact me within 1 to 5 business days with their decision.

I also mentioned that I would be canceling all my wells fargo accounts if this wasn't straightened up, (I have a checking account plus a sizable HSA account with them).
always best to get mad and blame the bank when you made the error