FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:32 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by justJJ
So I emailed United a couple times,but they do not seem to understand my question, or they DO and just do not want to answer- so thought I would check with you all. Basically- if you are in boarding group 1, and arrive late (connecting flight) and your group is already boarded when you get to the gate- can you still use lane 1 and bypass the other groups- similar to security lines or are you forced to the very end? I asked because I am paranoid about overheard bin storage on an international flight- I have searched all over and can't seem to find a recent/current reply. Thanks in advance
Absolutely, yes!

I'll usually wait at the head of the BG1 (or BG1/2 line) until the GA acknowledges me ("Group 1?") -- usually after 1-2 other pax who have moved forward are scanned. In DEN I've been told "there's no need to wait"

The only exception is when there's only a single boarding lane or BG1/BG2 are combined into a single "Premier Access" lane and BG2 is still being processed -- then I file on to the end of whatever line is moving.