FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No YQ waiver? What gives?
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:43 pm
Tax Dude

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by mac84
Wait a minute...I thought it was the status at the time of booking that matters when it comes to things like YQ waivers, "1KK" and so forth (while actual status at the time of flight only matters for things like airport services, AP mile bonuses, etc. since miles, much like AQDs apparently, post after the segment is flown). Could anyone confirm this definitively? Sorry if I've misread something upthread.
In my experience, you are correct. I don't think you'll be able to find a definitive statement from AC to that effect, but there's no way that AC IT system is clever enough to figure out if you'll still have the same status when the flight date comes around. And it certainly wouldn't allow IKK for a future date if it could do that. Basically, it knows your status when you book and that's it. In the past your status when booking stayed with the PNR and even printed on the BP - I think that might have been fixed, but I'm not sure as I haven't had a status change in years. That's coming up this year, so I'll see what happens then!