FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:29 am
Blueboys999

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by bass_face25
Happy New Year all!

I have a fairly subjective question, but would appreciate any insight anyone can give me - although I have 9 months of my TP collection year to run, I'm likely to be around 500/600 TP short of Gold, unless I really try, so I'd like to know whether it's really worth making the effort for Gold? I've read the BA tier comparisons and although the benefits sound 'good', they don't seem too different to Silver, but are there any 'hidden', or unwritten benefits that make it worthwhile? Thanks all!
As you say, it's subjective. I recall somebody answering a similar question saying that he viewed Silver and GGL as the 'sweet spots' of the current BAEC set up and I think I would largely agree. Gold has become something of an in-between level since the changes a couple of years ago.

If you're going to make regular use of F lounges at LHR or internationally and value additional Economy award availability and extra Avios it might be for you but, for most, Silver is usually adequate.