FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:37 pm
pmarcos

Originally Posted by inspace
b) Any info on the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit? If it can be used on the cheaper fare buckets that's a pretty substantial benefit.
Following up on an older post, I'm really pretty jazzed about the discount air benefit. Since getting my card recently I needed to book two trips, one SFO-LAS and the other SFO-PHX. In both cases the $100 discount was applied to the lowest priced airfare (on United).

I'm still kind of scratching my head thinking "what's the catch" but it really doesn't appear that there is one. I simply searched for the flights, selected the ones that I would have on United's site, and booked them. They showed up in my Mileage Plus account immediately as ticketed (at the full fare) and I'm waiting to see them show up on my statement including the discount. FWIW, the SFO-PHX one was booked using an AU card, not the primary. The discount was honored on that card as well.

All in all, the discounts I've gotten in the first couple days of using this card have paid for what the annual fee would have been. I'm very happy!