FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHX / Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:04 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
What the hell is going on at this airport? Flew out yesterday mid-afternoon and the A checkpoint was slammed again. Turned out they only had two lanes open. And Pre-Check was closed everywhere in T4. However, once we cleared security, I saw a couple of TSOs casually chatting with the local police, a couple more in the secure area hanging out, and a 4 stripe walking around the terminal on his cell phone clearly having a personal conversation. Meanwhile, it took 15 minutes to clear security WITH the use of the first class lane - the regular main lane would have been twice that at least. Once airside, it was obvious it wasn't a terribly busy travel day.

Does the TSA do any actual work at this airport? I've still yet to see pre-check open at the A side. It's a major hub. Even PHL was operating efficiently by comparison this week.
I'd highly suggest contacting both your local representatives in congress/US senate as well as John McCain & Jeff Flake (as PHX is clearly in their area). Others in the TSS forum have reported that gets responses, and usually changes.