FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2016 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:28 am
rbinlee

Compensation from BA for being denied boarding

I wonder if anyone can give me advice on how to claim compensation from BA. I had an extraordinary experience yesterday, which ended up with BA forcing me to miss my flight from London to Venice as a result of mistakes they made in the booking of my son and his girlfriend who were travelling with me. After arguing with them all day on the phone, I have managed to convince them to admit that mistakes were entirely their fault and they have refunded my ticket, although not my son's and his girlfriend's, because they ended up travelling later that day. However I do not think refunding for a journey I never took is the same as compensation for the distress they caused me, and for ruining my plans due to their mistakes, as well as for the appalling level of customer service I experienced, despite the fact we were travelling in club class and I am an executive club member (silver). Can anyone help, with advice?