FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:27 pm
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by echino
F class award booked for two people:

YVR-LAX AS
LAX-SFO AA
SFO-HND JL
HND-HKG CX
HKG-DPS CX

Now, AS cancelled YVR-LAX flight, and automatically rebooked us YVR-SEA-LAX. There is a direct flight YVR-LAX on AA, at about the same time as the original YVR-LAX AS flight. This AA flight has one award seat, and we need two. I called AA, but they refused to open up the second seat saying that's AS who caused the schedule change, and they are not allowed to reprotect on AA. I called the second time, got a different agent, and exactly the same reply again.

So I am now stuck with an extra connection and Y prop flight YVR-SEA. Am I doing something wrong? I thought AA should open award space in case of schedule change?
Can you do YVR-SEA-SFO? I don't believe AA has an obligation to open award space, especially in this case since AS is the carrier that had the schedule change. I am not sure if there is an Alaska liaison, like there is with other Oneworld partners, but if there is, you could see if the liaison can open up space on Alaska to get you to SFO without the extra connection in LA.