FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 master thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:31 pm
dylanks

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Squawk ident
Hoping to pull the trigger shortly on a TP run for next summer, DUB-LHR-JFK-PHX-SFO return. For those on the forum that have done similar trips involving JFK and PHX I just wanted to check that my transfer times are okay. Outbound there is a layover of 2 hours and 34 minutes between landing at JFK with BA and departing for PHX with AA. There is then 1 hour 29 at PHX for the SFO flight which I presume is a simple transfer?

Coming back there is a layover of 2 hours 50 at JFK to get from Terminal 8 to Terminal 7 for the BA flight back to LON which must surely be plenty of time?

I may well have hold baggage so I presume when i check in at DUB my bag will be put all the way through to SFO as I am doing that trip in one go? Coming back I am planning to night stop in PHX so again I presume my bag will be checked all the way through to DUB when I check in at PHX?
These connection times all look fine. You really never know when arriving in the US how long you will need to clear immigration, but I would not want to schedule more than 2.5 hours as it would usually be wasted time.

I just learned that PHL domestic to international now has a MCT of 90 minutes, which is pretty absurd when you consider that it's an incredibly easy transfer. My domestic AA flight re-timed, so my transfer time was now 77 minutes, and my flight vanished from my booking. All cleared up after a quick call of course.