FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX (Cathay) Award availability
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:37 pm
nevansm

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nevansm
I have an itinerary with US-HKG-TPE (Stopover) TPE-HKG-SGN. Having trouble getting tpe-hkg-sgn in j or f though BA and QF show availability. Can't search in JL right now. Has anyone seen the disparity between BA/QF and AS before? I am confirmed in Y but would really prefer J. Is there any way for the agent to force sell the segments?
Just to loop back on this. Took a bit but I finally got it.

Called agent asking to book new TPE-(HKG)-SGN.
Agent: I see there's premium economy available on both flights
Me: Ok, out of curiosity, check just TPE HKG
A: Oh, wow, there's first class on that segment, why isn't it coming up. Give me a second. <types> Ok, there's first on the TPE HKG segment and business on the HKG SGN segment (respective front cabin on those flights).
M: Ok great, now let's do this. I already have a reservation, can you change the flights I have booked to those fare classes since you've confirmed they're available?
A: Yep.

Few minutes later, ticket reissued, everything looks good on CX website. Only thing I can think is that whatever they're using to find seats only finds routings with the same fare class availability and won't mix? Each flight had Y, and Premium Y. The first flight also had F available but no business and the second flight Business but not selling F.

Anyways, word to the wise, always feed segments one by one after finding them on other sources and you should be all set.