FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn more PQMs for premium cabin travel starting in 2016
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:29 am
aCavalierInCoach

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by jjmoore
The one I purchased is refundable (for that price) in F class.

I agree that some conversations have drifted off topic... but am interested to hear additional perspectives about why the pricing system (with the new changes to PQM earnings) is quite skewed.... My example last week is one of many many many examples of how spend and PQM earnings are still very detached, and likely even more-so than they once were.

Two things I am afraid of seeing with these changes:

1) People like me will be earning far more PQM's on the same level of spend, which means more instruments for upgrades will be in play.

2) Many more people will be earning higher status - my better half is a great example of someone that will likely make 1K vs. G or PT since she has more than enough spend to hit the top status..... more competition for upgrade space as a result.

I feel like I am going to have a bounty of worthless PQM's and upgrade certificates that are devalued by surplus and (some) will likely go unused.
+1. Will end the year with 16 instruments and frustration about the size of G1. '16-'17 are going to be considerably worse in this regard without meaningful PQD requirement changes.