FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 28, 2015, 2:39 pm
NewAgeTraveler

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by merrickdb
I just checked into the property tonight for a six-night stay using points (as a Diamond member) and was disappointed to be advised that due to high occupancy, we would not be given access to the Grand Club and will instead have access to the breakfast buffet and be given a one-time credit of 2,500 points. Given they're sold out of Club rooms and almost entirely sold out of all room types, I understand the challenging position the hotel is in, but having evening access to the club lounge for six nights during vacation was worth far more to me than 2,500 points and I wouldn't have stayed here had I known I wouldn't have access. I asked if they might offer drinks in the bar to Diamond members instead, but was advised they could not.
We just checked in today as well, coincidentally also for 6 days. This is the first time ever I have not received access to a regency or grand club and honestly it's disappointing. We were also offer the free breakfast in La Cocina and 2500 points. I just checked hyatt.com and occupancy is available for all rooms tonight. So I am a bit confused. I wonder if this has more to do with booking using all points, since there is vacancy. Thoughts? Additionally, I saw someone ask in another post but was not answered, do diamonds receive free access to the spa?
Thought I would mention, I chose the fruit amenity at check in and received 2 apples and 2 pears, again disappointed. I was expecting something A little more.
Lastly, there is no couch in the room. Just a small dining bistro with 2 chairs.

Last edited by NewAgeTraveler; Dec 28, 2015 at 2:46 pm Reason: adding more info