FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Riviera Palm Springs, Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:18 am
LISAA

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
May the rest of your trip go well

Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Hey, I think I saw you while I was checking in ~6:30 (or a lot of people had the same problem)! They downgraded me from a deluxe queen to superior double . It was fixed after one hour, and I believe they compensated me fairly. If not for the check-in mishaps (those two hours to actually get what I paid for destroyed my dinner plans) and my 6am departure today, I'm sure I'd like this hotel. The pool looks nice, and I've seen more stars than I knew existed in CA!

Re the noise, I was placed on the first and then second floor in building 5, and I didn't have any complaints, though I keep hearing this crackling noise from the general direction of the fridge...
Funny! We did check in together, how great that you are FT as well! The kick-boxers in the room above us were quiet from 10:30 till 9:00AM; upon which they moved furniture around and did all manner of stomping and body-slamming. (might be exaggerating a tad) but I called the desk and Karen was very sympathetic; and asked why I did not call last night. She will move us to another room today. IN general I think this building with three floors is much more noisy than the others that are two floors. The fact that I can hear myself walking when in the hallways tells me to step lightly in my room; so the apes who were above us simply have no awareness or they might have hearing problems. The staff has handled things very well though; and I do love the grounds and the views of those marvelous mountains. Comfortable bed and bedding; nice design.

Hope you get to stay here again and have far less tme in lines than you did yesterday!