FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:14 am
missmelon437

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
Originally Posted by merrickdb
I just checked into the property tonight for a six-night stay using points (as a Diamond member) and was disappointed to be advised that due to high occupancy, we would not be given access to the Grand Club and will instead have access to the breakfast buffet and be given a one-time credit of 2,500 points. Given they're sold out of Club rooms and almost entirely sold out of all room types, I understand the challenging position the hotel is in, but having evening access to the club lounge for six nights during vacation was worth far more to me than 2,500 points and I wouldn't have stayed here had I known I wouldn't have access. I asked if they might offer drinks in the bar to Diamond members instead, but was advised they could not.
Yikes. I have never heard of that before and I've stayed in some very popular Hyatt's during peak-season.

I'm staying here starting the 3rd and I hope the occupancy levels go down by then :/