FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:50 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by dmp1991
But I wouldn't call the setup for my room anything that feels "huge". Especially having just stayed in suites due to upgrades at IC Singapore, IC Hong Kong, IC Kuala Lumpur, and a non-IC in Zurich in the last 45 days. Those were all properly huge rooms -- most had multiple bathrooms as an example.
I'm confused. I thought you were Spire (AKA Platinum+), so any sort of upgrade at an IC should be seen as a bonus.

I try to trade down from "true" suites to comfortable rooms. Multiple rooms are often badly set out and give me more opportunity to leave things behind

Originally Posted by dmp1991
And I strongly doubt the room I'm in is 45 sqm any way. It's got a king bed in it, a loveseat couch against the foot of the bed, a small gap, a coffee table in front of that, another footpath gap, and then the minibar/TV unit against the wall. To the side of the coffee table there's a footpath and then a small-ish desk and side chair against the wall. But there's no open space anywhere beyond narrow walkways between the furniture. I wish they didn't have the coffee table as it just gets in the way. The side tables to the bed touch the bed and wall on both sides of the bed.

Something seems to have gone wrong with your visit, as it sounds as though you might be fault-picking.

I wouldn't obsess about the room size and set-up. If it doesn't suit you, change to one that does. Hotel staff usually show great patience in these situations.

Complaining about a gift and expecting a replacement is unlikely to have a satisfactory outcome for either party. If you don't enjoy the wine, you could pass it on to someone who does: gain kudos .

The lounge is probably busy because of the season: people are treating themselves. It was near empty some weeks' back when I stayed: got to say I prefer a buzz. It's a nice enough place for breakfast and a drink before going out in the evening, but i find it a tad soulless: but not a facility I rate as highly as some others do.