FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Buxx (2015)
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:14 pm
ed765

TD Bank Buxx not usable to pay Capital One

After a report here that Capital One could be paid by BUXX cards I tried using my Capital One card to pay Capital One. It was declined although the Capital One representative could not explain why. A call to TD Bank Buxx first produced a statement that the security code was wrong. After checking, I tried again and Capital One then reported it was decline and the system kept saying the address was unavailable. After a long hold, a TD Bank representative stated their card could not be used to pay other Banks, and that this was always true for all banks (some here may know this is not true). Capital One was able to accept payments from a Nationwide BUXX card. I did learn from Capital One that they use a service called BNY Mellen Treasury Services to process debit card payments, and the problem may lie with them (including a system that fails to reveal the true reason cards will not be accepted) giving excuses about addressed. The Capital One representative was quite patient in trying different addresses, forms of the name different dollar amounts, etc. much of which could have been avoided if the system had been programmed to give an accurate reason for decline. Somehow their system prefilled the file with my address etc. (the card had never been used successfully before at Capital One).

He even stayed on the line for a very long time while I found a Nationwide BUXX which had money and had not recently been used to test to see if somehow it was retaining an address from that. This one went through.

Incidentally, I learned Capital One will allow only one debit card payment per day.

TD security had approved the transaction after review at least shows a lack of adequate training as to policies.