FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:10 pm
Redhead

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Another anonymous Secret Santa sent me a solar charger which will come in handy, especially when we go hiking. Also sent an amazing cookbook of Spanish Cuisine by Mario Batali which he/she says is on of their favorites.

My Secret Santa obviously knows my home town (Durham NC) as he recommended a Spanish restaurant here and suggested that it was up to real Spanish standards. The ironic thing is that I can (and do) walk to this restaurant from my office when I am in town. I travel to Spain (Madrid and Barcelona mostly) at least three times a year and am a fan of the food. This gives me the chance to try to recreate the magic of good Spanish cuisine.

My SS also suggested one of the recipes from the book and provided suggestions for where to acquire ingredients.

A special thanks to my SS. If you are from this area and are interested, would be happy to meet at Mateo's for some tapas.

Thanks again to all my Secret Santas.

Glad you liked it! Mateo is a favorite of mine. I'd be up for tapas some time! I'm not far myself.