FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No More Free Parking - Marriotts (and others) Near LAX
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:11 am
Mike Rivers

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I've had recent stays at the Manhattan Beach FS, where I paid the parking fee, and at the MB Springhill Suites, which didn't charge the parking fee even though it was on the property website.
When I filled out the contact form with a complaint about what I felt was an unjustified parking fee, all I got back was a generic reply of "I will pass your comment on to [wherever]" rather than "I checked with the property and they don't have a parking fee. I'll have the web page corrected." But I guess that's what customer support has come to.

I just went back to the hotel site to check again and I see that there's an "Executive" room with the same description as the standard king+sofa room and the addition of free parking. Maybe that's a bonus for premium guests. However, when I plugged in the dates of my stay to see if the rate with free parking was higher than without, that category of room came up as "unavailable for your dates." Go figure.

I guess I'll find out when I get there in January. I don't recall whether they had a parking pass when I've been there in the past.

Last edited by Mike Rivers; Dec 24, 2015 at 7:58 am