FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Worst * Alliance Lounges
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:03 pm
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
This thread contains a huge amount of misinformation. This one tops the list:

In fact, the UCL in GUM is quite large and has huge windows.

Other FTs have incorrectly suggested that UCL's are the bottom of the barrel. IME, the recent addition of food in the UA lounges is a big improvement - not recognized or acknowledged in posts #22, 32, or 38.

I suggest that future posts in this thread contain relevant comparisons?

Also, my worst lounge is HA's in HNL. It is no bigger than a closet.
This thread isn't only about United Clubs, it's about *A lounges globally. When comparing, United Clubs are far worse than most other *A lounge products, both in terms of extreme overcrowding and offerings (food, alcohol, etc). I can't think of too many airlines in *A who have a network of (their own) lounges and are worse than the average United Club.

The recent food additions in United Clubs that you mentioned, while certainly welcome compared to the past, are still meager in comparison to what most *A lounges offer. Quite a few put out a full breakfast, lunch, or dinner spread. Even within the US, AA Admirals Club food offerings outpace UA's and though I haven't been in a Delta Sky Club for ages, I've heard that they are even better than AA these days. I don't expect UA to have full meals at every domestic outpost Club but they certainly could do it at the international gateways if they really wanted to offer a world class product.