FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive Discussion of Emotional Support Animals on Airlines
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:33 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There was one on my last flight. It's owner was in 1A, bulkhead window in FC. It was a big dog and had a red vest, but otherwise didn't seem to be doing anything for the owner, not did the owner seem handicapped in any way. In fact, I pointedly told the owner how quiet her pet had been for most of the flight and she didn't correct my use of the word pet.

During the flight, the dog moved from the foot area for its owner into the area for her seat mate's feet. The seat mate responded by putting her feet up on the wall, with shoes on, thus leaving black scuff marks on a nice new fresh wall as the aircraft had had its interior updated very recently (since DL introduced C+ seats and the quilted seat covers). A little bit later in the flight the dog's nose and head were fully in the aisle, as were it's front paws, so that it was difficult for the FAs to serve FC passengers and also difficult for anyone to use the FC lavatory. No one argued with the dog or suggested that it be moved out of the aisle. In fact, one of the FAs petted it every time she walked past and the owner did not object or say that the dog was working and shouldn't be distracted.