FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:24 pm
boris10475

Originally Posted by NTP9766
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but my card was converted to WE a few weeks back, and I've already met the $3k spend for the bonus. I'm going to be spending another $3k on plane tickets in the next few weeks, and figured I might as well take advantage of the offers and grab another Platinum card.

My question is, should I lower my CL immediately on the first card (currently at $11.5k)? If so, how long should I wait to apply for the new card? I intend to purchase the tickets in January, so I don't want to wait too long. I just don't want to apply for the card and receive a limit that wouldn't allow me to put all 3 tickets on the same purchase.
You do not have to wait to apply subject to 8/65 days rule as well as 6HP/6 months.
As far as lowering CL it all depends on how many open cards with Citi you have and what CLs on those cards are. If converted WE is your only open card with Citi then lowering CL on that card might be counterproductive - if not instantly approved you can ask CSR during recon call to reallocate CL from your current WE card to your new W Platinum card. If you got more cards open with Citi with nice CLs then you can use CLs from the other cards to move the CL to a new card. In that case you can lower CL on your open WE card as soon as you would like to. After lowering CL your newly available credit with Citi might not go into your available credit "pool" right away