FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:21 am
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
ghastly food and service on ATL-SMF DL2258 last night.

boarding process was chaos, seat map and seat assignments did not match, this set the tone for a long and arduous flight. FAs were clearly frazzled, as they had a hard time with remembering who ordered what and getting the right drinks and food to the right people. "good news" is after dinner they pretty much gave up on service altogether, as i only was offered another drink about an hour before we landed.

options were veg lasagna w/ salad and bread and gelato OR beef short rib with mashed potatoes, carrots, salad, bread, gelato.

my seat mate had the lasagna and her review was not rave.

i made the mistake of going w/ the short rib. it was served slightly over room temperature, the gravy sort of tasted like dog food smells, and the carrots were a complete joke. they were full sized carrots (think what you would feed to a horse) that were hardly cooked at all. this of course made it impossible to cut them with the "knife" that is available in F dinnerware packet. i watched several meals go back to the galley more or less untouched. fortunately, i had a 3 hour layover thanks to earlier IRROPS, and managed to pay a visit to OFS for an excellent sushi dinner, so i wasn't that hungry anyways. i should have just skipped altogether.

DL did not have a good day yesterday when it came to my travel experience, delivering me to my destination over 10 hours later than i had originally scheduled, and with pretty poor onboard and onground service to boot. here's hoping they get it right next trip, which regrettably is only 10 days away.