FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex fraud detection software
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:11 am
iMedic

Fraudulent charges should soon be a thing of the past once chip and pin technology in the US catches up to just about everywhere else.

I haven't had a fraudulent charge on any of my cards in at least 5 years now. The worst was when my visa was compromised three times in the span of 3 months. What annoyed me the most was that my bank didn't catch on to the obviously fraudulent charges. One that stuck out was for nearly a thousand dollars in skateboarding clothes that was shipped to a trailer park in British Columbia! In an odd twist, the UPS charge for the shipping posted a few days prior to the bulk of the charge. I remember sitting looking at my statement scratching my head about a 90$ UPS charge, as I typically use fedex or Canada post. When I called UPS i was able to get the name of the jackass who ordered the stuff where it was shipped to and his phone number. I briefly toyed with the idea of calling the number but thought better of it.

Since switching to chip and pin though, I haven't had a single card compromised. And i do find it mildly annoying having to sign chits whenever I go to the States.